Friday, February 22, 2008

Best moments in challenge history

Right before the Gauntlet III aired, MTV aired their version of the top “25 moments in challenge history” with former cast members like Robin (RW San Diego), Derrick (RR Extreme), Beth (RW Los Angelis), Mark (Road Rules USA), Tina (Road Rules South Pacific), and Coral (RW B2NY).

After watching that program, I think I am going to take a trip down memory lane and write a few paragraphs about these awesome moments in challenge history. If you really think about it, it’s comical to see these once “normal” human beings now on MTV doing outrageous and scandals things.

The first moment that I have been dying to talk about is the Coral vs. Julie fight on The Inferno. In defense of Julie, you cannot help but feel terrible for her. Julie has taken a lot of shit on these challenges, starting all the way back to The Battle of the Sexes. Remember the whole Melissa vs. Julie feud? So now here is Julie once again on the beloved Inferno getting into a fight with the one, the only, Coral. Put yourself in Julie’s shoes if you will… you’re having an argument with a know bad-ass bitch in Coral. Meatheads like CT and David are instigating this entire thing. You wouldn’t lose your mind and just challenge Coral to a wrestling match? I would. It made great TV and I think Julie knew that deep down inside. She knew Coral wouldn’t wrestle her but hey putting down the challenge made interesting and exciting TV. Coral delivering classic lines like “I don’t wrestle… I fucking beat bitches up” and “She’ll go home in a gurney…. I’ll go home in hand cuffs” made excellent television! Julie knew it, Coral knew it, CT and David knew it and most of all the viewers at home knew it. So thank you CT and David for instigating this fight and thank you Coral and Julie for making some unforgettable television.

Now the next moment on The Inferno… I can’t really defend Julie. The very first mission was the most insane mission I have ever seen for the simple fact I truly believe Julie attempted to murder Veronica on those zip lines 20 stories in the air or however high up there they were. I mean Julie is gnawing and clawing at Veronica’s safety harness . Veronica is yelling and crying, the look on her face reading pure terror. Dave Marrera is yelling into a bull horn telling Julie to stop it, cast members at yelling at Julie telling her to stop it. She eventually did much to the relief of Veronica and the entire production. The entire time I was watching that moment I kept thinking to myself “Holy cow… Julie is going to kill Veronica.”

Eric mother fucking Nies. We saw him win on Battle of the Sexes I and Battle of the Sexes II. But Eric Nies had a little help in winning Battle of the Sexes II. The jump rope. Eric Nies attempted to market a jump rope on MTV. Every time the camera was on Eric, he had the jump rope with him. Then someone stole his jump rope! As a viewer, you knew it was bound to happen. I mean the guy passed the jump rope around as a speaking tool when the males were deliberating on who to send home. Turns out the cute Veronica stole his jump rope but Eric Nies did not care who stole it. He simply gave a speech during eliminations on bringing his beloved jump rope to him. “I don’t care who took it, just make it re-appear.” A grown man, the eldest on the show, is giving a group of 20-30 year olds a speech about giving back his jump rope. Classic.

Guy loses… guy gets sent home… before getting sent home, however, guy has three some with two girls. Of course I’m talking about Road Rules South Pacific very own Abe. The guy is an asshole (of course I am only judging how he appears on TV… remember that little incident with Darnell?). Yet the guy gets a threesome with Veronica and Rachel (Road Rules Campus Crawl). Does this sound fair to any of you? I mean the guy is voted in (thanks to Veronica’s vote) and loses to a fierce veteran in Mike ‘The Miz.’ Veronica feels guilty and somehow Rachel comes into the picture and before you know it there they are, grouping each other in the tub and then in the shower. Lesson in all of this? Pray Veronica and Rachel are on the challenge you’re on, pray they feel guilty for voting you into elimination, and pray they’re horny. Abe, I can’t hate on you. You scored with two cute girls at the same time. You also created an unforgettable moment in challenge history.

That’s it for now. I’ll post some other stuff during the day, namely my thoughts on the Gauntlet III. Peace.

No comments: